Sunday, April 27, 2014

Nearing The End Of Spring At Tree Ring

Here in Florida, we've had the most amazing Winter and Spring.  Usually the air conditioner is cranking heading into May, but this year it has been much cooler.  I thought this might delay Spring, but that hasn't been the case. 

The Sand blackberry bushes are right about where they have been in prior years.  We should have lots of blackberries by the middle of May.



The Florida Scrub Frostweed, also known as Clustered Rock Rose, is in bloom.


As are Purple Twin flowers.


I have spent hours trying to figure out the name of this flower.  If anyone knows, please share.  I think it's a weed, but it's very small and pretty - almost like a small ground orchid.


I think it is what creates this beautiful carpet of color in the cow fields.


The Horrible Thistle is flowering.


The resurrection fern is open throughout the live oak.


Native wire grass (I think) has popped up across the clear cut, and by fall will be thigh high.

  
This is salad that fell out of its container turning into Tree Ring during our last visit.  


I put some lettuce in front of all of the gopher tortoise holes I could find.


 Soon summer rains will be here, and there will be even more flowers to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment