Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sans Staples

I got my 24 staples out yesterday, and only one hurt coming out. I had heard mixed reviews about this process, so was a little apprehensive. I took pictures, but only after the Doc put the steristrips on, so I'll spare you the cool picture until they fall off.

I graduated to a cane today. I will use the walker if I need it, but think I can put it away. I have only ever used crutches to do the stairs to get in and out of the house and on my walks and will continue this until I feel comfortable with a cane outside.

Pt boy came for the last time. I have 1 degree of extension where 0 is the goal, so I am really happy. My flexion is 120. I'm not sure what the goal for that is, but I know it's good because I always get a smile when it's measured.

City Girl is home for the holidays. It is so nice to be able to spend so much time with her. She doesn't have to go back until the 13th, so we'll have a lot of time to visit. If my improvement continues, maybe we'll even get to go shopping - something I haven't been able to do with her in years.

When I woke up this morning, my left knee hurt more than the right, so this is amazing progress.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I know mine will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment